Red Cross Preps for Celebration of Heroes
The Northwest Arkansas Chapter of the American Red Cross is prepping for its Celebration of Heroes Banquet in May.
Six community members will be honored for their decisive, immediate reaction in emergency situations.
Red Cross representatives recorded their testimony and had a photo shoot Saturday in Fayetteville.
“For us it’s important, it emphasizes the need to be trained in the community,” said Jeff Patrick, director of communications.
The banquet helps raise money to help support Red Cross disaster preparedness and response programs in Northwest Arkansas and the River valley.
“It emphasizes what our role is in the community to help save lives and also honors those people that have gone above and beyond and gives them the recognition they deserve,” Patrick said.
The Celebration of Heroes is set for May 4 at the John Q. Hammons center in Rogers.
Organizers are expecting more than 400 attendees.
This year’s heroes are Glenda Miller, Heather Selby, Fort Smith Fire Department, Brandon DeLay and Fort Smith Boy Scout Troop #3.
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Sen. Boozman Recovering From Heart Surgery With Friends' Support
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested