Election To Fill Spot Of Alderman In Wrong Ward
Springdale will hold a special election to fill a City Council seat that was vacated because the appointee does not live in the correct ward.
The Springdale City Council voted unanimously early Tuesday night to set an Aug. 13 special election to fill the Ward 4 seat left vacant by Bobby Stout’s resignation. The council chose Dwight Heathman to replace Stout on Monday, before it was revealed that Heathman no longer lives in Ward 4, according to Springdale city officials.
Ward 4 encompasses much of Northeast Springdale and stretches westward near Interstate 540 between Falcon Road and McRay Avenue, according to the City of Springdale website.
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested
- Teen Sought In Connection With Destroying Crash Evidence Arrested
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone