Poteau Man Hospitalized with Gunshot Wound
A LeFlore County, Okla., man was flown to a Tulsa hospital with a gunshot wound to the chest after a shooting was reported late Sunday night (April 21).
Gerald Wayne Corbett II, 46, is in serious, but stable condition, according to police.
The shooting is believed to be accidental, according to Poteau Police Chief Stephen Fruen. Officers were called to the 300 block of Peters in Poteau around 8:40 p.m. They stayed on the scene and interviewed witnesses into the early morning hours, according to Fruen.
Police are waiting to speak to the shooting victim. No arrests have been made.
Stay with 5NEWSonline.com for more on this developing story.
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested
- Teen Sought In Connection With Destroying Crash Evidence Arrested
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone