‘Suspicious Package’ Investigated at Arkansas Tech
Authorities determined there was no threat from a suspicious package left at Baswell Techionery student union on the Arkansas Tech University campus in Russellville on Monday (April 22), according to a statement from the school.
Someone notified university officers that a backpack had been dropped off at the student union just before 5 p.m. Authorities set up a perimeter around the building to ensure public safety.
About 30 minutes later, the owner of the backpack returned and it was determined there was nothing suspicious about the bag.
Students, faculty and staff were notified about the situation via ATU’s emergency alert notification system.
Certified bomb technicians from the Conway Fire Department were en route to Arkansas Tech to investigate the suspicious package when the situation was resolved, according to university officials.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In Church Embezzlement Case
- Neighbors Concerned about Safety Near Van Buren Gun Range
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side