Diamond Hogs Finish Non Conference Schedule With Win
The Arkansas baseball team concluded non-conference play on Tuesday night at Baum Stadium with a 6-3 win over Missouri State.
The win was the 30th of the season for the Razorbacks, as they extend their winning streak to five games.
Dominic Ficociello led the Razorbacks at the plate with his third three-hit game of the season. Jordan Farris also added two hits with a double and a single, and Jacob Mahan had a game-high two RBI. Arkansas got balanced contributions from throughout their lineup, as every starter reached base.
The Hogs showcased the depth of their pitching staff too, using eight different pitchers. Randall Fant started on the mound and got the win to improve to 4-1. Fant, Trey Killian, Michael Gunn, Chris Oliver, Brandon Moore, Trent Daniel, Jalen Beeks, and Colby Suggs all combined to hold the Bears to just three runs on five hits.
The Razorbacks are back on the road this weekend, traveling to Lexington, Ky. for a SEC series at Kentucky. Game one will be Friday at 5:30 p.m. CST, followed by games Saturday at 6:00 p.m. and Sunday at 12:00 p.m.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In Church Embezzlement Case
- Neighbors Concerned about Safety Near Van Buren Gun Range
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side