No Threat Found at Van Buren Middle School
Butterfield Trail Middle School in Van Buren was briefly evacuated Friday (May 3) due to an unconfirmed bomb threat, according to an emergency text alert from the school district.
The evacuation occurred just after 2 p.m. and students returned to class less than 20 minutes later.
Authorities cleared the building and the situation was deemed safe, according to a second alert from the school district.
It’s the eighth time a bomb threat has evacuated a school in the Van Buren School district this year. No threat was found in any of the cases, however at least four juveniles were arrested and charged in connection with recent threats.
Other River Valley Schools, including Southside High School, Alma Public Schools, Cedarville Public Schools and Greenwood Public Schools have also dealt with threats of violence recently. For more coverage of these threats, click here.
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Sen. Boozman Recovering From Heart Surgery With Friends' Support
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested