Castro Performed on Cleveland TV in 2003
Ariel Castro was not in seclusion while he allegedly held three women captive in his Cleveland home for 10 years.
Video from our sister station WJW in Cleveland shows Castro making an appearance and performing live on a morning news segment in 2003.
Castro played bass for a local band.
In court Thursday morning, a much different Castro: a scared 52-year-old man, hiding his face from media cameras, not saying a word.
Police say for a decade, Castro held Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight hostage; bound and restrained inside his Seymour Ave. home.
When Castro appeared on WJW, based on the timeline of when the girls went missing, he would have reportedly had Knight and Berry at the house while he sang and played.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Missing Albuquerque Teen Found In Fort Smith
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In Church Embezzlement Case
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side