Adventure Arkansas: Devil’s Den State Park
Travel back into Devil’s Den State Park with 5NEWS Meteorologist Tyler Southard in this week’s Adventure Arkansas.
Tyler learned that Devil’s Den is rich in both natural beauty and in history. Modern settlers actually came to the valley in the early 1800s, but they found the rugged terrain made life challenging.
About 100 years later, the park was established under the orders of Franklin D Roosevelt. He enacted what is known as the New Deal, an act consisting of a series of domestic economic programs put in place to steer the economy out of the Great Depression.
Today, the trails are used for hiking, biking, and even horseback riding! Devil’s Den also offers fishing, canoeing, camping, sports, and many other activities.
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Sen. Boozman Recovering From Heart Surgery With Friends' Support
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested