Arkansas Takes Lead Into Final Day
The second day of the NCAA regional at Blessings Country Club was a good one for the Arkansas Razorbacks.
Arkansas began the day eight strokes off the lead but a team total of 5-under on Friday vaulted the Razorbacks to the top of the leaderboard.
Illinois shot a 4-over 292 on Friday but falls to 2-under for the tournament, one stroke back of Arkansas.
Arkansas’ Austin Cook is also in the hunt for the individual title as his 4-under 68 Friday puts him in a tie for the lead. Cook shares the lead with SMU’s Mario Clemens and Stephen F. Austin’s Mitchell McLeroy. Taylor Moore and Sebastian Cappelen are both in the top 11 for the Razorbacks.
Only five teams advance to the championship round, eliminating nine other schools.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In Church Embezzlement Case
- Neighbors Concerned about Safety Near Van Buren Gun Range
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side