Bentonville Lady Tigers Claim Fourth State Title in Five Years
Dynasty can be the only word to describe it. Bentonville girls soccer has now won four 7A State Championships in the last five years after Friday’s 2-1 win over Mt. St. Mary’s at Razorback Field.
“It’s our senior year and people didn’t think we were all we really were,” said Tayler Estrada. “People thought we were overrated so then we just showed them we aren’t overrated.”
Throughout the tournament Bentonville proved they weren’t overrated. They cruised through the bracket winning their three games be a combined score of 13-4.
The Lady Tigers opened the scoring early in the title bout. Annea Hellgren scored less than three minutes in. Dyann Shade made it 2-0 just five minutes later.
Mt. St. Mary’s did close the gap to 2-1 midway through the first half but never really threatened again.
“We played with emotion on this game and it was a crazy game just a bunch of emotion,” said junior Dyann Shade. ” We stuck just stuck it out.”
Shade also picked up tournament MVP honors for the Lady Tigers.
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested
- Teen Sought In Connection With Destroying Crash Evidence Arrested
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Seven Departments Respond to Large House Fire in Sebastian County