Lavaca Falls Short in Softball State Final
The Lavaca Golden Arrow Softball team fell just short of winning the 3A State Title Friday afternoon at Bogle Park. The team fought a hard battle but in the end lost 2-1 to Harmony Grove.
“This is what I wanted forever and not getting it is really hard,” said Lavaca senior Haley Brown. “There are no other group of girls I would have rather spent my senior year with. I love those girls they are like my sisters.”
The first five innings of play were scoreless, with both pitchers having outstanding games. Lavaca got on the board first with a RBI single from junior Erica Schuster in the top of the 6th inning.
In the bottom of the 6th Harmony Grove responded with two runs of their own. That is all they would need as they went on to win the game 2-1.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In Church Embezzlement Case
- Neighbors Concerned about Safety Near Van Buren Gun Range
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side