Walmart Shareholders, Associates Flock to NWA
Walmart’s first official shareholder’s event of the year kicks of Tuesday night. Sir Elton John will perform at Bud Walton Arena.
Thousands of Walmart shareholders and associates from all across the world are staying in the dorms on the University of Arkansas campus.
The visitors have been spotted touring the region, shopping, eating local food and of course.. meeting lots of Arkansans.
We caught up with some international associates, one from South Africa, the other from Chile. Both say they’re excited to be here.
“It’s a nice place. It’s a bit quiet. It’s not what we expected. It’s clean. Nice people. We’re enjoying it,” Bernard Vanwick, South African associate said.
“I`m excited, happy to be in the United States to be part of this global event and I thank the company for this opportunity,” Oscar Munoz, Chilean associate said.
The City of Bentonville is even closing down Main Street because of the foot traffic at the Walmart Visitor’s Center.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Neighbors Concerned about Safety Near Van Buren Gun Range
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In $94,000 Church Embezzlement Case
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side