Police: Driver Falls Asleep, Car Plummets 30 Feet Down Ravine
A Pocola (Okla.) man is in stable condition at Sparks Medical Center after a car he was driving tumbled 30 feet down a ravine Saturday morning.
Dylan C. Abel, 22, was driving a Chrysler PT Cruiser on U.S. Highway 64 one mile west of Fort Smith when Oklahoma Highway Police said he fell asleep. The car left the road and struck the guardrail on the right side of the highway before swerving across the road and crashing through the other guardrail.
The car plummeted 30 feet and rolled twice before coming to a stop on its wheels.
Abel was taken to the hospital with multiple injuries.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In Church Embezzlement Case
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side
- Neighbors Concerned about Safety Near Van Buren Gun Range