Mercy Orthopedic Hospital Set to Open Oct. 2014
The new Mercy Orthopedic Hospital is beginning to take shape at the intersection of 79th and Phoenix in Fort Smith.
The 69,000 square foot hospital will be two stories and attached to the existing ambulatory surgery center. Doctors will be able to offer surgeries for knee, hip and shoulder replacements.
One feature of the facility is a 10,138 square foot outpatient rehabilitation clinic with a therapy pool. The facility will be able to hold up to 36 beds at full completion.
“The entire building design centers around making recovery for patients quick and comfortable,” said Janeen Kueck, executive director of Mercy Orthopedic Hospital. “The inpatient floor has a loop like hallway so patients can begin walking shortly after surgery. Flooring changes will help them gauge how many feet they’ve walked as they gain strength. There are also special chairs in the patient rooms to aid in bedside physical therapy. The goal is to get patients back on their feet as quickly as possible.”
A video camera set up by Mercy is giving people a bird’s eye view of the work underway. The construction camera offers both real-time and time lapse views of the site.
Mercy Orthopedic Hospital is projected to open in October 2014.
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested
- Teen Sought In Connection With Destroying Crash Evidence Arrested
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone