Man Charged in Infant Sons’ Deaths Set for December Trial
A December trial date has been set for a Northwest Arkansas man facing two charges of first-degree murder in the deaths of his infant sons.
A Dec. 2 jury trial has been set in Washington County Circuit Court, officials said. The trial had been scheduled to begin Wednesday (June 19) but was reset to give a new team of defense attorneys time to prepare, officials said.
According to arrest records, Fox admitted to shaking his seven-month-old son, William, to death in March. This comes after another son, Travis Fox II, died in 2011 the same way, officials said.
Fox confessed to officers he shook both babies after he had been drinking, according to court documents.
At an April arraignment in the Washington County Detention Center, Fox pleaded not guilty to the murder charges. Not guilty pleas are standard at arraignments to allow the case to proceed in the legal system.
Fox also faces a charge of probation violation.
According to court documents, Fox was sentenced to five years probation in 2009 after pleading guilty to residential burglary and other theft-related charges.