Naturals’ Matt Fields Wins Home Run Derby; Spiro Senior Competes
Northwest Arkansas first baseman Matt Fields won the 2013 Double-A Home Run Derby with a total of 24 home runs, including 11 in the final round.
He beat out Tulsa’s Kiel Roling to take home the crown.
“It’s an amazing feeling,” said Fields. “The fans come out every night to support us as much as they do. I couldn’t have asked for anything more. It’s a great feeling.”
Seven of the top Texas League players competed in the first round of the event, with only two players reaching the finals. Fields was the leader after the first round, hitting 13 home runs.
Spiro High School senior Colby DeMato also participated in the Home Run Derby as the lone non-professional. He hit two home runs.
“I’m glad I hit the home run,” said DeMato. “It’s fun. Even if I didn’t it’s still a lifetime experience. It was awesome.”
DeMato won a home run derby contest earlier in the season to make the field.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In Church Embezzlement Case
- Neighbors Concerned about Safety Near Van Buren Gun Range
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side