LeFlore County Added to OK Disaster Declaration
Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin announced Wednesday (June 26) that the White House has approved disaster aid for three additional counties including, LeFlore, Okfuskee, and Okmulgee.
The action grants assistance for residents and business owners affected by the May tornadoes, flooding, and severe storms. Oklahomans in those counties are encouraged to register for federal assistance.
There are three easy ways to register:
- Register online at www.disasterassistance.gov
- Register via smart phone at m.fema.gov
- Register via telephone by caling 1-800-621-3362 or (TTY) 1-800-462-7585. If you us 711-Relay or Video Relay services call 1-800-621-3362. The toll-free telephone numbers will operate from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week until further notice.
Oklahomans must register with FEMA in order to get federal aid. Applicants will be asked to provide:
- Social Security number
- Address of the damaged home or apartment
- Description of the damage
- Information about insurance coverage
- A current contact telephone number
- An address where you can get mail
- Bank account and routing numbers if you want direct deposit of any financial assistance.