BLOG: Cheer Up the Lonely Day
It started out as a birthday wish and has grown into a movement. July 11th marks “Cheer Up the Lonely Day.” It’s a chance to remember and show kindness to others.
Cheer Up The Lonely Day was started by Francis Pesek from Detoit, Michigan. Why did he choose this particular date? It happens to be his birthday. His daughter, L.J. Pesek, has reportedly said the following about her dad, “He was a quiet, kind, wonderful man who had a heart of gold. He got the idea as a way of promoting kindness toward others who were lonely or forgotten as shut-ins or in nursing homes with no relatives or friends to look in on them.”
Maybe it’s a phone call, a drop-in visit for some iced tea, a card in the mail, or a great big hug–today is an opportunity to show someone you care.
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested
- Teen Sought In Connection With Destroying Crash Evidence Arrested
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone