Goat Barn Destroyed By Fire

Posted on: 2:59 pm, July 13, 2013, by

Goat Barn Fire 7-13

A fire destroyed a goat barn Saturday afternoon.

Firefighters from District 1 in Crawford County responded to a fire call at approximately 1 p.m. on the 800 block of Gregory Chapel Road in Alma. Officials said a man was burning brush in his yard when the flames got away and caught the barn on fire.

It took 18 firefighters more than one hour to bring the fire under control. Officials said the fire would probably smolder for a couple of days before being completely out.

No goats or firefighters were harmed.