Carlos Chicas Mulls Run for State House
Republican Carlos Chicas of Rogers said Wednesday (July 17) he is considering running for the state House in the 2014 election.
Chicas, a 39-year-old broadcaster, said his ultimate political goal is to be Rogers mayor in about 10 years, but right now he intends to run for the House seat currently served by term-limited Rep. Duncan Baird, R-Lowell. Baird has said he is thinking of running for treasurer next year.
Chicas, who lost a Rogers City Council election last year in a runoff, said he expects to make a decision soon on the House District 96 race.
Benton County businessman Damon Wallace, a Republican, has told 5NEWS he is running for the seat.
The general election is set to be held in May 2014, with the winner from each party advancing to the November general election.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Neighbors Concerned about Safety Near Van Buren Gun Range
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In $94,000 Church Embezzlement Case
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side