30th Annual Altus Grape Festival, July 26-27
Update: Due to rainy conditions, event organizers have postponed all Friday (July 26) events until the same time on Saturday (July 27). The event will kick off Saturday at 7:30 a.m. and events will take place until 11 p.m. Click here to see a full schedule of events.
The 30th Annual Altus Grape Festival will be held Friday and Saturday.
The Fest is sponsored each year by area grape growers, businesses, civic organizations, and local wineries – Chateau aux Arc, Mount Bethel, Post Familie, and Wiederkehr.
This two-day event starts Friday, July 26, from 5- 11:00 p.m. and continues all day Saturday, July 27. Festivities include a Friday night street dance, a variety of live music, Saturday morning breakfast, grape-related games for all ages like the grape stomp, arts and crafts, and wine and juice tasting by local wineries.
A grape pie-eating contest and waiter/waitress tray races will also be held.
Amateur winemakers are invited to bring the best of their homemade wine to the Amateur Winemaking Competition by 9 a.m. on Saturday to The Gathering Place, 1606 Franklin Street (east side of the park), with judging results to be presented at 3 p.m. on the main stage.
For more information visit www.altusgrapefest.com.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In Church Embezzlement Case
- Neighbors Concerned about Safety Near Van Buren Gun Range
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side