Elderly Woman Killed In Benton County Wreck
An elderly Siloam Springs woman died Tuesday, two days after a weekend car crash in Benton County hospitalized three people, state police say.
Joyce G. Roby, 82, was a passenger in a Chevy Trailblazer that was traveling north on Arkansas State Highway 59 near Garman Road in Siloam Springs when the driver lost control. The sport utility vehicle skidded off the east side of the road and collided with a rock bluff wall, according to an Arkansas State Police crash report.
The driver, Kisha Chaney, 16, along with passenger Julie Chmielewski, 16, were transported by an ambulance to Freeman Hospital in Joplin, Mo. Roby was airlifted to the same hospital, but died Tuesday, according to the police report.
Chaney and Chmielewski are both from Siloam Springs. The weather was cloudy and wet at the time of the crash, according to state police.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In Church Embezzlement Case
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side
- Neighbors Concerned about Safety Near Van Buren Gun Range