Sales Tax Holiday Begins this Weekend in Arkansas, Oklahoma
Back-to-school shoppers can take advantage of the sales tax holiday in both Arkansas and Oklahoma this weekend.
In Arkansas, the sales tax holiday begins at 12:01 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 3 and ends at 11:59 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 4.
Oklahoma residents get to enjoy an extra day with the sales tax holiday beginning at 12:01 a.m. Friday, Aug, 2 and ending at midnight Sunday, Aug. 4.
A sales tax holiday is a period of time when retail sales taxes are not collectible or payable on a specific class of purchases. It can be used for clothing, shoes, clothing accessories, school and art supplies, as well as school instructional materials.
The sale price of the item must be less than $100.
If you have questions about the sales tax holiday in Arkansas visit http://www.dfa.arkansas.gov/offices/exciseTax/salesanduse/Pages/taxHoliday.aspx or in Oklahoma visit http://www.tax.ok.gov/stholiday.html
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested
- Teen Sought In Connection With Destroying Crash Evidence Arrested
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone