The second week of August is hailed as “National Smiles Week.” Studies show smiling provides benefits in all areas of a person’s life, from health to success. In fact, a study by Wayne State University showed the more people smiled, the longer they lived, suggesting happy people live longer.
With that, here are some smile facts gathered over the years from studies and surveys:
- Children smile as many as 400 times a day.
- Adults smile no more than 20 times a day.
- When ranking smile intensity, those in the top 10% had never divorced.
- When ranking smile intensity, those in the bottom 10% had one in four marriages end in divorce.
- People who frown in photos are five times more likely to get a divorce than people who smile.