Fire And Smoke Evacuate Fayetteville Village Inn
A Fayetteville Village Inn was evacuated Monday afternoon after a fire started in the restaurant, according to emergency responders.
The Fayetteville Fire Department responded at 1:14 p.m. to a report of smoke at the Village Inn restaurant on North College Avenue. A small fire had started above one of the doors, and everyone inside was safely evacuated, according to the fire department.
Firefighters do not know whether the fire started from a lightning strike during Monday’s brief storm or whether it was an electrical fire, they said. There was no significant damage to the restaurant.