Caught On Camera: Starving Dog Buries Dead Puppies
A Memphis man was arrested Wednesday (August 28) after what can only be described as a horrible case of animal cruelty.
Memphis Police say Migel Martinez starved his dog and let her 11 newborn puppies die in his driveway. He’s been charged with aggravated animal cruelty, WREG reports.
A neighbor said he called police after watching the dog bury her last puppy. Police say the dog’s bones were showing and there was no food or water at the home on South Goodlett Road.
The neighbor, who did not want to be identified, said he offered to take the dog and her puppies multiple times, but Martinez didn’t let him. The neighbor gave the dog food and water, according to WREG, but she was too emaciated to give her puppies milk.
The man turned his cell phone video of the dog and her puppies over to police and called the Humane Society.
“It was just sad, though, because she had a dog in her mouth and was looking for somewhere to put the dog and she was just digging a hole,” the man said.
The pit bull mix dog is now in animal control’s custody.
Melissa Moon, WREG contributed to this report.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Missing Albuquerque Teen Found In Fort Smith
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In Church Embezzlement Case
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side