Sebastian County Inmate Found Hanging in Cell
An inmate at the Sebastian County Adult Detention Center was found hanging in his cell, according to the sheriff’s office.
Chamar West, 35, of Fort Smith, was jailed on a rape charge. On Aug. 31, West was found hanging from a rope fashioned from a bed sheet, Inv. Philip Pevehouse said Wednesday (Sept. 4).
West was in a separate cell alone. Pevehouse said West left a note in his cell asking for forgiveness from his family for his alleged crime.
West was pronounced dead at Sparks Regional Medical Center in Fort Smith. Arkansas State Police are currently investigating his death.
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested
- Teen Sought In Connection With Destroying Crash Evidence Arrested
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Seven Departments Respond to Large House Fire in Sebastian County