VIDEO: Rogers Fire Department Battles House Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

The Rogers Fire Department responded to a house fire on the 1000 block of 25th St. on Saturday (Sept. 7) at 6:40 p.m.

The fire was a two-alarm house fire, according to the department. No one was home at the time of the fire.

Courtesy: Rogers Fire Department

Courtesy: Rogers Fire Department

Firefighters said it started in a room attached to the back of the home. They said it spread to the attic.

Ruby and her brother Juan Arzola were driving back from a family vacation when they noticed smoke coming from the home.

They called police and knocked on the door to see if anyone was inside.

"It was scary because we knew there were children since we would see them playing," Ruby Arzola said. "I went inside the house and made sure no one was inside and I started seeing the flames getting stronger."

The brother and sister evacuated neighbors.

"People started coming out of their houses when we started screaming and banging on the doors," said Ruby Arzola.

Juan Arzola said they made sure the cat made it out safely. The residents of the home showed up after firefighters left the scene.

They were shocked to see the damage. The family of four could salvaged their belongings. Juan Arzola said they talked to the family to make sure they were OK.

"It was pretty sad, honestly seeing that happen," Juan Arzola said. "We couldn't do anything about it."

No injuries were reported, but thousands of dollars worth of damage was done.