Challenger Beats Incumbent In Bentonville School Board Election
The Bentonville School Board has a new member, after challenger Matt Burgess defeated incumbent Rudy Upshaw in the school board’s only spot up for a vote in Tuesday’s election.
Burgess beat Upshaw by a vote of 760 (57 percent) to 577 (43 percent), according to the Benton County Election Commission.
Burgess was beating Upshaw from the beginning of Tuesday night’s counting, as he held a 55 percent to 45 percent lead after early and absentee votes were counted.
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Sen. Boozman Recovering From Heart Surgery With Friends' Support
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested