BLOG: Wrong Turn Helps Woman Win a Marathon
Meredith Fitzmaurice was only going to run a half-marathon. In fact, she entered the race Sunday in Ontario as a training for a full marathon. She missed the turn-off for the half-marathon and realized she was running the route for the full, and that she was in first place for the women’s category.
Her test run quickly turned into her first marathon. Feeling fine, she kept going. She not only finished the race, but the 34 year old woman was the first woman to cross the finish line with a time of 3:11:48. She was the tenth person overall to finish.
Fitzmaurice’s time qualifies her to run in April’s Boston marathon.
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested
- Teen Sought In Connection With Destroying Crash Evidence Arrested
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone