One Home Destroyed in Roland Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

A mobile home in Roland was destroyed by a fire Tuesday morning (Oct. 1), according to authorities. Fire crews rushed to the scene on Paw Paw Road shortly after 8 a.m.

Neighbor Mike Thompson saw the smoke as he was driving by.

"Man, this house was on fire," said Thompson. "There were flames coming out of it big time. It was bad."

Thompson said he was relieved to see the homeowner standing outside. He then called 911.

Captain Wade Vann with the Roland Fire Department said the mobile home was completely engulfed in flames when emergency crews arrived on scene. He said firefighters from Muldrow and Liberty assisted in battling the fire.

Authorities believe the fire started in the kitchen but are unsure of the cause. A second adjoining mobile home, which is used for storage, was not damaged.

No one was injured. The homeowner will be staying with family until he can rebuild. The homeowner did not have insurance on the property.

Donations may be dropped off at the machine shop at 204 Grand Avenue in Moffett.