West Fork Teen Dies In Accidental Shooting
A Washington County shooting left a 15-year-old boy dead late Tuesday afternoon, according to the Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies responded shortly after 4 p.m. near the intersection of Bethlehem Road and Landelius Road just west of West Fork in reference to what was reported as an accidental shooting.
Investigators found Michael Dillon Brawley dead at the scene. No other injuries were reported, and no arrests have been made, according to the Washington County Sheriff’s Office.
Brawley died of a single gunshot wound, according to the Sheriff’s Office.
“My niece, like I said, was good friends with him,” said Michelle Sherwin, a neighbor. “These kids are up and down this road all the time out here. This is a road where they ride their bicycles and they ride their horses.”
Sherwin continued, “It’s going to be devastating. I’m thinking about the kids tomorrow in West Fork.”
Brawley’s body has been sent to the state crime lab to determine the official cause of death. Authorities are still investigating the shooting, according to the Sheriff’s Office.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In Church Embezzlement Case
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side
- Neighbors Concerned about Safety Near Van Buren Gun Range