BLOG: Oreos as Addictive as Cocaine?
A new study from the Connecticut College shows Oreo cookies, otherwise labeled as “America’s Favorite Cookie,” may be as addictive as cocaine.
Researchers studied the effect the chocolate sandwich cookie had on the brain of rats. The purpose of the study was to find out if high fat, high sugar foods can be as addictive as drugs of abuse.
The researchers studied how the cookies activated the pleasure center of the brain compared to drugs such as cocaine and morphine. The study found the cookies activated that center more than the drugs.
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested
- Teen Sought In Connection With Destroying Crash Evidence Arrested
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone