Garrett’s Blog: Winter 2014 Forecast
The Old Farmer’s Almanac has released their 2014 Winter Weather forecast which is calling for cold and snowy conditions in the area. Their methods of forecasting aren’t scientifically based but usually blend a mix of climate and folklore amongst other things.
When looking at the global circulation pattern of what we call “teleconnections” we do see some signals within the North Atlantic Oscillation as well as the Pacific Decadal and El Nino oscillation that would tend to favor normal or below normal conditions for the next few months but nothing can be known for certain this far out. Winter weather global patterns are usually much clearer around the end of November or early December.
For what it’s worth… this is the Old Farmer’s Almanac forecast from last year; it was pretty much a bust since they were calling for cold, blustery, & snowy conditions here.
No word on whether or not a snowy forecast leads to more magazine sales but I’d be willing to bet a positive correlation exists.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Neighbors Concerned about Safety Near Van Buren Gun Range
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In $94,000 Church Embezzlement Case
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side