Sleepover Ends In Stolen Car And Crash On MLK
Fayetteville police arrested a car theft suspect Saturday, but could not get to him before he allegedly crashed his friend’s vehicle.
Demetrius Key, 20, of Fayetteville, faces a felony charge of theft of a motor vehicle. He remained Saturday in the Washington County Detention Center on $3,500 bond, according to the Washington County Sheriff’s Office.
A man told police in August that Key, his friend, had spent the night at his home, then left with his car keys and stole the man’s Mercury Grand Marquis. The alleged victim told detectives he believed his car had then been involved in a crash on Martin Luther King Boulevard, but police were unable to find records of the wreck, according to an arrest warrant affidavit filed in Washington County Circuit Court.
Officers were able to later locate Key and arrest him in connection with the theft, records show.
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested
- Teen Sought In Connection With Destroying Crash Evidence Arrested
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone