Elderly Muldrow Man Missing; Deputies Search For Leads
Albert Eugene Mears went missing Saturday (Oct. 26) after his family said he left without his cellphone in a 2008 black Toyota car, wearing a white t-shirt and jeans to go out metal detecting.
“This is the first time that something like this has happened,” said Mears’ daughter, Donna Casey.
Authorities say they have had little to no leads, but plan to search until the man is found.
“We’ve checked everywhere,” said Sequoyah County Undersheriff Roger Fuller. “I know the family’s been looking for him also, and there’s been no sightings or anything. So we think he’s probably not even in our county.”
Mears’ wife said the couple is getting ready to celebrate their 58th wedding anniversary, and the idea of him not returning home scares her.
“I thought maybe he’s had a wreck and killed himself or something,” said Helen Mears. “I thought we’d probably know where he’s at or get a phone call or something from him.”
Authorities said they have been monitoring Mears’ bank account records and have not seen any activity.
The family said Mears has no serious medical issues.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In Church Embezzlement Case
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side
- Neighbors Concerned about Safety Near Van Buren Gun Range