Water Main Break Closes Classes At UAFS
Administrators canceled classes at University of Arkansas at Fort Smith on Wednesday after a water main break caused some flooding on campus, according to school officials.
City officials shut down the water supply to the university after the water main break. They are not sure what caused the break.
City workers responded to the location after someone reported seeing a large amount of water pooled near Grand Avenue at about 2:30 p.m.
Officials shut off water to UAFS buildings along Grand Avenue for about two hours while repairing the broken main. No other buildings or homes in Fort Smith were affected, crews said.
Classes are set to resume at UAFS on Thursday morning.
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested
- Teen Sought In Connection With Destroying Crash Evidence Arrested
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone