Apartment Fire Displaces Fort Smith Family
A Fort Smith apartment caught fire Monday night, pushing a family of six out of the door, but hurting no one.
Fort Smith firefighters responded shortly after 9 p.m. to 4201 Kinkead Avenue after receiving a call about a structure fire at the location, police said. The fire started on the ground floor, then rose to the upper levels of the home, according to the Fort Smith Fire Department.
Responding crews saw flames shooting out
of the apartment’s windows when they arrived, according to the fire department.
No injuries were reported. The apartment belongs to a family of six with no renter’s insurance. The apartment sustained enough damage to keep the family from occupying the home.
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested
- Teen Sought In Connection With Destroying Crash Evidence Arrested
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone