Couple Arrested After Police Standoff
Two people are in police custody after a standoff in Sequoyah County Wednesday night (Nov. 6).
Roland police arrested Jason Pearson, 49, and Andrea Brittingham, 46, on suspicion of reckless conduct and felony discharging of a firearm.
Seven Roland officers and a Sequoyah County deputy responded to a call about a domestic disturbance with possible shots fired at a home on Countryside Lane around 8:20 p.m., according to Roland Assistant Police Chief David Goode.
“When I got there, there was a man with a gun, and there was a brief standoff” said Goode, who added, both people “were highly intoxicated.”
The standoff ended around 8:45 p.m., and Pearson and Brittingham were arrested without incident, Goode said. The non-married couple has rented the home for about 13 years.
No injuries were reported in the standoff, and officers seized more than 10 guns from the home, police said.
Goode said the couple will be transported to the Sequoyah County Detention Center where they fill face district charges.
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested
- Teen Sought In Connection With Destroying Crash Evidence Arrested
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Seven Departments Respond to Large House Fire in Sebastian County