Power Restored After 3,000 Lose Electricity
More than 3,000 SWEPCO electric customers in Northwest Arkansas lost power early Thursday night, with most of the outages in Benton County. The power was restored by about 10 p.m., four hours later.
Southwest Electric Power Company’s outage results showed 2,867 households without power. More than 200 Washington County households lost electricity, according to SWEPCO.
Police responded just before 5:30 p.m. to the west side of Lowell, the location of the one of the power outages. Several traffic lights and other lines have lost power in and near Lowell, reaching north into Rogers.
An electric substation’s three circuits in Lowell locked out for an unknown reason, causing the outage, said Peter Main, a spokesman for SWEPCO. Employees on-site worked for about four hours to restore the lost power.
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested
- Teen Sought In Connection With Destroying Crash Evidence Arrested
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Seven Departments Respond to Large House Fire in Sebastian County