5NEWS, which is broadcast on KFSM TV and KXNW TV, has an immediate opening for a reporter to work from Fayetteville and cover Northwest Arkansas news.
The right candidate will gather all necessary information and resources for a wide range of news stories, and report it accurately. Curiosity is a must. We’re looking for a creative storyteller with solid writing skills. You must be a motivated self-starter who is willing to hustle on breaking news and enterprise stories. The right candidate will be able to gather, write and web publish multiple stories a day on several different platforms. Web publishing skills and non-linear editing skills are a must.
Core Job Functions:
- The ability to turn a wide range of hard news stories quickly
- Develop and maintain meaningful contacts
- Must be able to come up with hard news story ideas everyday
- Works with photographer to tell visual stories with compelling interviews and natural sound
- Writes, produces and prepares assigned news stories for air, including the delivery of those stories live from the scene
- Daily web and social media posting
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Flexible work schedule
A four year degree in liberal arts or journalism is preferred and/or previous reporting work experience.
Statement about Other Duties:
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all functions essential to the job for which the employee is responsible, nor an exhaustive list of the minimum requirements and specifications necessary to perform the essential functions, including all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require it.
Interested parties should submit resume, application and references to Rick Bagley, News Director, KFSM TV/KXNW TV, 4201 North Shiloh Drive, Suite 169, Fayetteville, AR 72703 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 479-521-6579. No phone calls please.
KFSM TV/KXNW TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer