Bella Vista Home a Total Loss after Fire
A Bella Vista home burned to the ground Wednesday morning (Nov. 13).
The Bella Vista Fire Department was called to a home on E. McNelly Rd. around 5:30 a.m.
Two people were in the house at the time, according to firefighters on the scene. They made it out safely.
The fire in the house began when one of the residents was trying to put wood in the wood stove, according to Benton County Fire Marshal Marc Trollinger.
The fire department said the fire was difficult to fight because the home was on a hill. Hoses drawing water up the hill needed a lot of pressure and it took time before enough water was available at the site to extinguish the fire. There were no fire hydrants near the home, so trucks had to travel back and forth from nearby hydrants to carry water to the structure.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In Church Embezzlement Case
- Neighbors Concerned about Safety Near Van Buren Gun Range
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side