Mercy Clinic Groundbreaking
Mercy Clinic broke ground Tuesday (Nov. 19) on another primary care facility in Fort Smith.
Leaders with Mercy Health System kicked off the construction on the $5.3 million clinic which will be located on Cliff Drive across from ABF Headquarters.
The new primary care clinic is the second installment of Mercy’s $192 million community master plan.
The clinic will feature 24 exam rooms and on site testing. Like the recently opened Dallas Street location, the state of the art facility will accommodate 8-10 physicians and approximately 35 other healthcare professionals.
Dr. Sean Baker, who works at the Dallas St. location, said these will be new jobs created in the community.
“There’s about three to five employees that work with a physician on a daily basis so when you times that by eight physicians who will ultimately practice in this building that’s 30 to 40 employees on average that will also find jobs at this location.”
Construction of the clinic will also generate work for other businesses in the area. According to clinic leaders, 80% of the construction will be sourced locally.
The clinic is expected to be open for business in August 2014.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Missing Albuquerque Teen Found In Fort Smith
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In Church Embezzlement Case
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side