Christmas-Themed Brunch Recipe Ideas
GODIVA Ganache Hot Chocolate
6 cups milk (best with 2% or whole milk) 6-12 tablespoons GODIVA Salted Caramel Ganache (see recipe below)
1. Pour the milk into a large saucepan. Over low to medium-low heat, bring the milk to a full simmer and almost boiling. Divide evenly into 6 heat-safe cups.
2. Add 1 to 2 Tbsps of GODIVA Salted Caramel Ganache into each cup of steaming milk stir until smooth, and serve immediately. If you have remaining ganache, it can be tightly covered and refrigerated for up to two days.
GODIVA Salted Caramel Ganache
½ cup heavy whipping cream
6 ounces GODIVA Large 31% Milk Chocolate Salted Caramel Bars, very finely chopped
1. Pour the heavy whipping cream into a medium saucepan. Over low to medium-low heat, bring the cream to a simmer and remove from the stove.
2. Immediately add GODIVA Large 31% Milk Chocolate Salted Caramel Bars. Slowly stir with a wooden spoon or rubber scraper until the chocolate is completely melted and uniform.
3. Pour the ganache into a small bowl and refrigerate until firm, about 6 hours or overnight.
For dark chocolate lovers: Try this recipe with GODIVA Large 72% Dark Chocolate Bars or GODIVA 50% Large Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Bars and add 2 Tbsps white sugar to heavy cream as you bring it to a simmer.
YIELD: 6 (8-OZ) SERVINGS OF HOT CHOCOLATE (ABOUT 1 CUP GANACHE)
Buttermilk Waffles with a Cranberry, Orange and Ginger Compote
1¾ cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1¾ cups buttermilk
½ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, butter, eggs and vanilla extract. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently whisk to combine. Do not overmix!
3. Spray a waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray, then preheat. Once the waffle maker is ready, add the batter according to the manufacturer’s instructions and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the waffle maker indicates they are ready. Serve immediately, or place in a 300-degree oven to keep warm. Leftover waffles can be wrapped in plastic wrap, placed in a ziploc bag and stored in the refrigerator for 2 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Cranberry, Orange and Ginger Compote
1 cup or more of Cranberries
¼ of a cup fresh squeezed orange juice & zest
¼ of a teaspoon of crystallized ginger
1 T of sugar
¼ of a teaspoon of cinnamon
Directions: Put cranberries in a saucepan with OJ, ginger, sugar and cinnamon. Heat until cranberries start to pop and then let them cool a bit while your waffles are cooking. Spoon cranberries on top of waffles and drizzle with maple syrup. Enjoy!