Rogers Police Officer Hit By Car
A Rogers police officer was hospitalized after being struck by a car at Walnut and N. 3rd streets on Monday (Dec. 2), according to Keith Foster, Rogers Police Department spokesman.
An Arkansas State Police report states Carla Bauer was traveling westbound on Walnut Street when she did not obey a command to stop from Officer Waseng Xiong, who was directing all westbound traffic. The reports states Xiong was standing next to his patrol car, which had its emergency lights activated, when he was hit by Bauer’s Nissan Rogue at 8:16 p.m.
Foster said the officer was directing traffic after the annual Rogers Christmas Parade when he was struck by the vehicle.
Xiong was taken by ambulance to Mercy Medical Center in Rogers for hip and leg injuries, according to the report.
Bauer was cited for disobeying a police officer, officials said. The report states she was released pending a court date in the Rogers District Court.
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested
- Teen Sought In Connection With Destroying Crash Evidence Arrested
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone