Rangers Trade Gentry To A’s
Former UAFS and Arkansas outfielder Craig Gentry was traded from the Rangers to the A’s Tuesday afternoon.
Gentry was the biggest name in the four player trade as Oakland also received pitcher Josh Lindblom. Texas acquired pitcher Michael Choice and infielder Chris Bostick.
Gentry, a Fort Smith Christian graduate, hit .280 with 22 RBI and stole 24 bases last season for the Rangers. Gentry is a career .280 hitter for the Rangers and has spent parts of five seasons with Texas.
The centefielder is one of many players to be traded or allowed to walk away from the Rangers organization. Pitcher C.J. Wilson and outfielder Josh Hamilton are the two biggest names to leave Texas but closer Joe Nathan is the latest to leave the team. He agreed to a free agent deal with the Tigers on Tuesday as well.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In Church Embezzlement Case
- Neighbors Concerned about Safety Near Van Buren Gun Range
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side