Convenience Store Roof Collapses In Benton County
A convenience store roof collapsed in Garfield on Friday afternoon after snow accumulated on the store following a round of winter weather.
The owner told 5NEWS the middle section of the roof at The Buss Stop near Highway 62 collapsed under weight of about one foot of snow. No one was injured in the collapse, the owner said.
No one was inside the building at the time because the store’s production manager was delayed by the snowy roads. The owner said a cold beverage cooler in the center of the convenience store is the only thing keeping the roof from collapsing further into the structure.
Authorities taped off the area to keep people away from the building.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In Church Embezzlement Case
- Neighbors Concerned about Safety Near Van Buren Gun Range
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side