Icy Roads Cause Concerns for Friday Morning Commute
Weather Alert: Winter weather is causing traffic accidents and slowdowns across the area during morning commutes. Both snow and sleet are expected to come down Friday morning which will only further impact the commute.
State police troopers said nearly every road in the River Valley iced over prior to the snow falling, making them that much more dangerous.
Bentonville – Northwest 2nd Street between Northwest D Street and Northwest A Street will be closed to one lane. The city of Bentonville is requesting drivers attempt to find an alternative route to this road due to expected delays. This closure continues for the next two months.
Streets closed in Bella Vista: Wellington, Riordan, sections of Chelsea, Lambeth Road & Oldham Drive.
- Drivers should expect slowdowns due to the ongoing Fullbright Expressway construction project.
I-540 - Slowdowns are frequently expected from Van Buren to Fort Smith due to an ongoing highway improvement project.
Van Buren – Drivers should use caution driving on Rena Road due to construction.
Stuck in traffic? Let us know. Just tweet: #5newstraffic
For live traffic updates click here to view a map of area slowdowns.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Missing Albuquerque Teen Found In Fort Smith
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In Church Embezzlement Case
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side