Nearly 5,400 Homes Without Power Monday
About 5,370 homes in the 5NEWS viewing area were without power Monday morning (Dec. 9) after ice and snow pummeled the region. Many of them have been in the dark since this storm first hit Thursday.
Arkansas Valley Electric: 4,455 homes are without power, with the majority of the outages occurring in Waldron, Booneville, Greenwood and Hackett.
OG&E: 270 homes are without power. All of them are reported in the Fort Smith area.
Swepco: 640 homes are without power, with the large majority of the outages being reported in Sebastian County.
Ozark Electric: Not reporting any outages as of Monday morning.
Power companies said their crews had a very hard time restoring power overnight due to limbs and tress covered with ice and snow making contact impossible with lines in some areas.
Stay with 5NEWS for all your latest weather coverage, as the snowy and slick conditions continue throughout the day.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In Church Embezzlement Case
- Neighbors Concerned about Safety Near Van Buren Gun Range
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side