Rogers House Fire Started In Fireplace; Family Didn’t Have Smoke Detectors

Posted on: 9:21 pm, December 11, 2013, by

rogersfire

All Rogers fire stations responded Wednesday night to a fire that spread from a local family’s fireplace to their mantle.

Firefighters received a call around 8 p.m. of a structure fire at 701 Turtle Creek Drive, off of Olive Street.

Fire Chief Tom Jenkins told 5NEWS the fire started in the family’s fireplace. It spread to the mantle, but responding crews extinguished the flames, keeping them from spreading elsewhere in the house, he said.

Damage inside the home was minimal, and there was no exterior damage, according to the Rogers Fire Department.

No one was injured. Jenkins said the family did not have working smoke detectors, so firefighters left them with working devices.